JAMAICA opened its borders to international travelers on June 15. So why, on June 16th, were there 30 people stranded at the Miami airport, denied boarding onto their ticketed flight to Montego Bay? Because they didn’t know about a newly implemented Travel Authorization form, a medical clearance that must be applied for online prior to travel, that is collected by the airport staff BEFORE passengers may board planes bound for Jamaica.
Why did I start off my article with that discouraging story? Because it’s- a great example of why using a professional travel advisor is MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER, as travel begins to rebound post-COVID-19. If those 30 disappointed passengers who were left behind at the airport had booked through their trusted advisor, they would have been informed of the new requirement, and given the information necessary to apply for and print the new Authorization form well before departure. It’s among the many services we provide!
I could go on, but I think I’ve made my point. So, here are my top 5 reasons why you need a professional travel advisor as a trusted partner when you are ready to travel:
1. Just because you CAN doesn’t mean you SHOULD. We have the resources to stay up to date on ever-changing entry and quarantine requirements from every destination. Policies literally change from one hour to the next (even domestically,) and it’s important to know the risks of finding yourself in an unexpected quarantine situation. Also, just because a resort or island is “open”, what is the actual experience going to be like? Are masks required? Are all the facilities and amenities open? Will the kid’s clubs and waterparks be operational? Without buffets, what are the dining options? A professional travel advisor will research that on your behalf, both to help you choose what works for you as well as to avoid expensive disappointments!
2. We have access to industry resources to stay current on which travel partners are trustworthy and fiscally sound. We certainly can’t guarantee that a company won’t default or declare bankruptcy in this crazy environment, but we have connections that flag companies that may be experiencing financial stress, and we can add them to our “do not sell” list. And, if the worst happens, we will work with you, to the best of our abilities, to secure a refund or resolution to the situation. Most importantly, you won’t face it alone.
3. We are part of a larger network of advisors, so we hear about which resorts, airlines and destinations are taking extra measures to adapt to post-COVID-19 wellness policies, to protect the health and well-being both for travelers and their employees, as well as which companies are NOT. We want you to feel safe and secure wherever you may travel.
4. We have some great suggestions of amazing travel experiences that you CAN have right now! There are many beautiful destinations and resorts right here in our own country that you might miss, if your preference has been to spend time at all-inclusive Caribbean resorts, on a ship, or exploring far-flung countries. Check out the US National Parks, visit Alaska on a small expedition cruise ship with fewer than 50 passengers, imagine stargazing at an upscale dude ranch in Wyoming viewing more stars in the night time sky than your city-dwelling kids could even imagine! We have some fabulous options for you that you may not have considered…and we would love to help you venture from home and explore new places – safely!
5. We are available to you before, during and after your travels…kind of like a personal backup system! If you run into any hiccups or need reassurance while away from home, we are your first call! Delayed/Cancelled flights? Text us while you wait in line with the airline and we can try to get you rebooked before you even reach the desk. Is your “ocean view” suite actually overlooking the resort’s plumbing facilities? Let us work on a resolution on your behalf. And if you’ve ever had an issue and tried to get assistance from an online travel agency, you know what I’m talking about! A travel advisor is always your best advocate because we truly CARE!
In conclusion, when you feel comfortable with travel, I’m here to be of service to you and your family.
My very best,
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.